Friday, February 17, 2012

#40. or, new phone

  Yesterday i got a new phone. It's a brand spanking new Blackberry. I don't know if i should feel ashamed to tell you that?

  Everything that i have read over the past months says that Blackberry is dying. The guys at apple would have you believe theirs is the phone of the future. It might be? It's a pretty sweet phone. My son has an iphone. He let me poke around in it a bit to see if i liked it. I like what it does, i'm just not crazy about the phone. My wife has an Android phone, i can't even say that i don't like what that phone does. I've just always wanted a Blackberry.

  Why the Blackberry? I could say that i am faithfully loyal to a product developed in Canada. I don't think that's it though. Truthfully, i just really like the physical keyboard. My old phone was a Nokia E71. It wasn't a bad phone, it did mostly everything i asked of it. It looked quite a lot like Blackberry's did 2 1/2 years ago. But, it was 2 1/2 years old, and pretty much outdated when i got it. Plus, any of the apps all seemed to be European. It wasn't so much a fun phone as a practical one.

  I guess the phone i wanted to get when i got my Nokia was the Blackberry, I just couldn't afford it then. I know my apple friends are going to give me a hard time but i this is what i wanted and i'm going to live or die by this phone. Don't let me down Blackberry.

  ...........i think my issue with touchscreen phone is that genetics has blessed me with pudgy German fingers making navigating them a nightmare?  Also, when i said that the Nokia European apps were not fun it wasn't my intention to slander the entire race. Fact is, any of the Europeans i have ever partied with have been able to drink me under the table.

No comments:

Post a Comment