Thursday, February 16, 2012

#39. or, confused foot syndrome


  I went back to the track on Wednesday. It's been over a month since i've been there. Actually, since before we went to Mexico. That's pretty much where the wheels fell off my fitness wagon. So, yesterday (Wednesday) after lunch, when i found myself chiseling frozen cookie dough out of the container from the freezer with a butter knife, i decided it was time to try get back on track....so to speak? That's why my feet hurt today.

  My feet hurt, and when i think about it i can't really blame them. I generally start the day in flip flops, which i wear around the house as slippers. When i go out to do chores, i wear insulated rubber boots that are essentially sweat tubes that hold your feet. They have zero support and don't breath at all, so that can't be good? If i leave the yard, i've been wearing some Dr. Scholl's winter type shoes. They have arch support and all the bells and whistles. We paid quite a bit for them and when i put them on in the store, they felt heavenly. Thing about them is, after i've worn them for a few hours and take them off, my feet seem to try to revert to their previous non-arch shape and for some reason when i walk, my feet do this slappy flopping thing at every step. It reminds me of a scuba-diver walking along the dock with his dive flippers on. It's probably not that noticeable, but i'm aware of it. Then i go to the track and stick them into runners for an hour, back into the Dr. Scholls to go home, usually into the sweat tubes for a bit after that, then maybe flip flops to end the day. It's no wonder my feet hurt, they may actually be suffering from personality disorder?

  .........My wife is still sick with the flu and congestion. Last night, i got my hopes up when she asked me to grease up her torso. Any eroticism of the moment was lost however when i found out that it was with Vicks Vap-o-rub. I hope she feels better soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment